We've had some fabulous entries for our competition to find a new logo and category icons for UKNova 2.0.
Anyone could win at this stage - and there's still plenty of time to enter.
The closing date is Sunday 16th September, and remember that there are fantastic exclusive prizes to be won!!!
All the details are in the announcement below this one - or in this thread:
Yes, you can be one of the very few owners worldwide of a UKNova mug!
Don't delay... you know it makes sense!
Thanks to everyone who has entered so far - and good luck to all of you!
As many of you will have noticed, since the move to UKNova 2.0 and the introduction of new torrent categories we are lacking icons for some types of show. In addition we would like to have some new logos for the site overall.
So we have decided to hold a competition to let the creative and artistic talents of our members shine through and we are inviting YOU to design some or all of the following:
1. This can be any reasonable and usable size you like, and should be designed to fit in with the 'default' theme of the site.
2. We are aware that there are already some logos which have been designed for various themes, and if the designers of those want to enter them into this competition they are welcome to do so, but the aim of this competition is to find a 'default' logo for the site.
3. The recommended text and spelling for the logo is "UKNova 2.0". You are also free - should you so desire - to include the official UKNova slogan: "I can't believe it's not television!".
4. Logo resolution should be high enough for quality to be maintained when printed on mugs, or even - a possibility for the future! - T-shirts.
5. Static images only, please - no animations.
TV Entertainment - Panel [games]
TV Entertainment - Chat
TV Factual - Current Affairs - Consumer
TV Factual - Culture
TV Factual - History
TV Factual - Nature
TV Factual - Property
TV Factual - Motoring
Radio - Comedy
Radio - Drama
Radio - Entertainment
Radio - Factual
1. Icons should be a 36x36 pixel image.
2. You may enter icons for any or all of the above categories.
3. The icon design must be your own work - you can't just take a picture or image from elsewhere. You are also not allowed to incorporate registered trademarks or other copyrighted designs into your design (yes - we KNOW some of our current icons break this rule.)
4. We are aware that there are already some icons which have been designed for certain categories, and if the designers of those want to enter them into this competition they are welcome to do so.
5. You may also enter designs for icons that are not on the list of categories, to replace the old icons currently in use. These entries will be deemed "out of competition", but may be integrated into the site. Special prizes may be awarded at the judges' discretion.
6. Static images only, please - no animations.
1. To enter either:
email your icons or logo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
* IN EITHER CASE PLEASE MAKE IT CLEAR WHICH CATEGORY YOUR ICON IS FOR *
2. Winning entries in each category will be selected by the staff.
3. Closing date for entries is midnight BST on Sunday 16th September.
4. If you wish, you can also post your designs in the special Competition Forum that has been set up here: http://www.uknova.com/wsgi/forum/browse/47 . People are welcome to discuss and comment on the designs posted here - though please refrain from making unnecessarily negative comments. Posting designs on the forum does NOT mean they are entered into the competition. Only entries made as in Point 1 above will be deemed to have been officially entered into the competition. Opinions expressed in the forum will have no bearing on the staff's assessment of the winning entries.
5. The staff reserve the right to disallow any entry which does not meet the normal site graphic guidelines of "no potentially offensive material involving porn, religious material, animal / human cruelty or ideologically charged images".
6. UKNova reserves the right to use the winning logos and icons on its site and in other products, and therefore by entering you agree to this usage without any copyright claim.
7. You can enter as many times as you like.
8. Prizes. We have decided that such a prestigious competition deserves prizes of a similar stature, so we will be awarding LIMITED EDITION CANNOT-BE-BOUGHT-ANYWHERE UKNOVA MUGS to the winners and runners up in the 'UKNova 2.0 Logo section', and to the winners in each of the 12 torrent category icon sections. These mugs will incorporate the winning UKNova 2 logo and will be exclusive to prize winners in this, and future, competitions. THEY CANNOT BE BOUGHT IN THE SHOPS!
9. In the interests of fairness, no one person can be awarded a prize in more than one torrent category. In the event that any person wins in more than one category, that person will receive the prize for one category, with the prizes for any other category being awarded to the runner(s)-up as appropriate.
Come on in! Have a look around! It's a work in progress!
2013-05-19 13:25 BST
2013-05-19 12:25 UTC